raven1313

Tascam 2.0

Like a lot of guitarists, I got my first kick in the ass from Van Halen 1 and 2 albums. That was when I heard my ah-ha moment. Nobody said guitar could sound like this!!!!. Anyway, I am finding that in order to follow my pursuit of this tone, I have o go back to the equipment of that time. well, I found one of these Tascam 4 track recording units at an estate Sale. I went to the music store, bought an adapter that does the neg.dot thing and a power source and I am off. the Tascam is really quite nice to work with, and it is simplistic. but, the best thing is, the raw tone is awesome. I plugged it into my stereo. I have a high fidelity stereo with floor Ultra Linier Speakers and a EQ. so it sounds bad ass..I know that this is so old school ,but I have to be honest, The music I hear coming out from the internet is too polished. Everyone sounds the same. Plus I am a musician first, and I know what I want to hear. Hell, I run my rig with mismatched cabs cause I found a vintage Kustom 4x4 that I just had to have, and with the 4 ohms, it rocks heavy, just the way I like it.

I would like to know if anyone else has had any experience with a Tascam, what did you think, any tips??