raven1313

Hail to Old English

this is odd, but I stumbled onto something a few years ago. I was changing strings and forgot to polish the neck. I se Old English dark furniture polish. It is really good in my opinion. anyway, I decided to go ahead and do the neck. as it turned out, the oil dampened my strings just enough to rid it of what I call brassy, shrill in the high end. It produces a dampen effect on the strings that I rather like. Thought I would pass that on for no apparent reason.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EdwardMarlowe said:

Strongbow and Black, down the Northgate.... that brings back memories of our pre-formals!

Ace of Spades on the jukebox upstairs and condensation on the dance floor mirror, in the night club. Sadly no longer there. It burned down a few years ago. I have a couple of photos somewhere of a very drunk Darren Calwell in the 'Gate, on his 18th.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Ace of Spades on the jukebox upstairs and condensation on the dance floor mirror, in the night club. Sadly no longer there. It burned down a few years ago. I have a couple of photos somewhere of a very drunk Darren Calwell in the 'Gate, on his 18th.

Ah, didn't know it was gone entirely! I remember those preformal nights, about five songs that were "our" stuff, then us all thinking it was a great idea tot tit bout to stuff like 'Rhythm is a dancer' the rest of the night... fun times. 

In the days before mobiles, I missed Darren's eighteenth due to a glitch in meet-up times (if memory serves, the party wither skipped Dobbins' Inn, or was late to it). I remember the photos, though.... carnage is not the word! :D

• Like 1