Crusoe

Positive Grid Spark Go

I've been waiting on this for two months and today, it finally arrived. First impression, out of the box, is that it feels like a solid, quality little amp. The cloth grille looks and feels much better than the included black plastic one. There is a nice sturdy brass screw to hold the strap on. The volume knob is plastic, but it turns well enough. The presets button is also button, but gives a nice, positive click when pressed. The body is covered with a thick rubberised layer and feels good in the hand. Size wise, it is tiny. It's shorter than my phone, about the same width, but obviously deeper. So far so good. Now how does it sound. Straight off when I plugged it in, it didn't sound fantastic. It is pretty loud, but it is sort of tinny. There are four presets on the hardware and a lot more on the app, once connected to your phone. Its never going to compete with a 10, 15 or 20 Watt practice amp, but for a little amp that you can sling in your guitar bag or case it's great and that's the reason I bought it. Currently,  I'm away for a few nights, every few weeks. If I take my guitar, I have to bring my amp. My amp is only a 20Watt practise amp and isn't large or heavy,  but I usually have to bring my laptop and a monitor, an overnight bag and sometimes my camera, so having the Go will be one less thing for me to have to carry. I'm sure I'll be able to get a better sound from it once I start playing with the settings. If you are looking to buy a replacement for your practice amp, this isn't the one for you, but for something to take when you don't want to lug an amp about, it's ideal.

• Like 1