andyw67

Telecaster Baja- help with valuation please

Hi am a newbie to guitar chat and  would like some advice on the value of my MIM 2012 Baja Telecaster in Butterscotch . I'm the second owner of the guitar the 1st upgraded the pickups for set of Duncan Seymour Hot Rails - hence reason for help on value- I would say the guitar is near mint previously a studio guitar and hasn't left the house since I've owned it. Any advice would be really appreciated.

PXL_20230224_152237823.jpg

PXL_20230224_151440161.jpg

PXL_20230224_151434855.jpg

PXL_20230224_152305377.jpg

PXL_20230224_152257597.jpg

PXL_20230224_152300611.jpg

PXL_20230224_151950164.jpg

PXL_20230224_151956713.jpg

24 minutes ago, andyw67 said:

... Any advice would be really appreciated...

Disclaimer : I'm a drummer...

The ads I've seen would suggest a price ranging from £450 to £550. The original p/us are rather highly praised; if you still have them, and could include them in the deal, maybe a tad more..? Do you have a hard case for it..? That, too, will add some interest for a faster sale. You've not disclosed your location, and whether it could be posted; these factors will also affect the value a buyer would take into account. A very nice guitar; good luck with the sale. rWNVV2D.gif

4 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Disclaimer : I'm a drummer...

The ads I've seen would suggest a price ranging from £450 to £550. The original p/us are rather highly praised; if you still have them, and could include them in the deal, maybe a tad more..? Do you have a hard case for it..? That, too, will add some interest for a faster sale. You've not disclosed your location, and whether it could be posted; these factors will also affect the value a buyer would take into account. A very nice guitar; good luck with the sale. rWNVV2D.gif

Thanks for the feedback - I'm based in Cardiff - unfortunately I don't have the original pick ups - but have original fender gigbag 

• Thanks 1

I own one of these, and agree with Dad - great guitars. Also original pickups are well rated,

so yours may be at a slight disadvantage. The only upgrade many people like are binning

the 4 way switch and push button control, and wiring as per a standard Tele.

The weight can also be a factor in value, with lighter ones being more highly sought after.

I’d say yours would fetch c£500 as it looks in good order, and someone may appreciate the

changed pickups. 

Because of the condition, AND the p'up swap - I think you need to be patient with this. Those p'ups are £170 and someone will appreciate them and pay more. I've been active in the Tele market in past 2 months (2 buys, one sell) and I reckon the Tele market is livelier than Strats (good US going for £700!),. but overall the market is very soft so asking prices are out of touch. Most Baja's are listed around £650, by that token yours would be min 700 (asking) but a genuine buyer will knock 100 off that, possibly more.

With those p'ups I reckon you deserve 600 on this Tele - BUT be prepared to be patient as the market is thin (few real buyers) and not many will pay the premium for those p'ups.

Very much depends how patient you are, or can be.

GLWS !