warwickhunt

Effects for use on acoustic guitar... TC Plethora X5 incoming.

First off I'm a strummer not a widdler and I play in an acoustic duo doing a mix of Americana / AOR / easy listening tunes.  I've been a bassist for 40+ years and know what I'm doing re. amps, cabs, basses, effects etc. but getting the best from my acoustic sound is a new adventure.  I'm using a mix of Godin (nylon string/SA) acoustic, Simon & Patrick 6 and a Taylor Mini GS into a BBE acousimax to an Ashdown Radiator (to small PA). 

I've realised that to get the best out of what I/we do, a little bit of effects might work nicely (the reverb on the amp was my starting point).  An opportunity to bag a TC Plethora X5 to use with my bass (the Plethora effectively duplicates my little pedalboard of chorus, octave, looper, tuner, flanger), means that I can save boards dedicated to my acoustic... but where to start?

Are there any TC / Plethora users on here or does anyone have any global or specific effects that would enhance a strummers sound, that I might be able to replicate.  I've literally never dabbled with any effects pertaining to acoustic and my starting point is what I use on my bass, which is song specific.  I'm going to trawl youtube for sounds I like and try to find out what effects and general settings are used but pointers would be appreciated.