MacDaddy

Pocket Pod into GDI21

I guess this is a try it and see situation, but I need to find out how to use a Pocket Pod live.

The plan was to connect the Pod to a DI, but as the GDI21 has a DI out it will give a bit more versatility.

I only need 2 sounds, clean and dirty, which I will get from the Pod. But if I need to change between them mid song I can use a clean Pod sound, and kick on a dirty GDI21 sound. 

I'm guessing noise gate full on in the Pod?

Guitar > wireless > Pocket Pod > GDI21 > PA

I thought that the GDI21 was a guitar sim with DI in it's own right? I have one and have always used it as such.

Not sure it will react properly with the Pod going into the front end, it isn't designed with that in mind. You will always be running the amp sim from the Pod into the amp sim on the GDI21.

As you say, just try it and see...

If you only need 2 sounds, I would just have 2 GDI21 (or 2 different amp sim pedals) on a board and turn on or off as needed.

1 hour ago, randythoades said:

I thought that the GDI21 was a guitar sim with DI in it's own right? I have one and have always used it as such.

Not sure it will react properly with the Pod going into the front end, it isn't designed with that in mind. You will always be running the amp sim from the Pod into the amp sim on the GDI21.

As you say, just try it and see...

If you only need 2 sounds, I would just have 2 GDI21 (or 2 different amp sim pedals) on a board and turn on or off as needed.

I did think of that, but the Pod is full of FX too, noise gate/compression/reverb/delay etc.