DanOwens

Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar - £400
£400
Kendal

Here is a Yamaha Silent Guitar – model SLG200S. I bought this for silent practice and as on-stage backup. I never actually used it on stage as I bought it just before COVID, so it’s been my go-to couch guitar. As such it is in a flawless condition. 

At the moment it is strung with D’addario Flat-Tops which really helps quieten it down for the living room. We used to live in a tiny 2-bed council house and I could play it quite hard without waking the family; it was a life-saver during lockdown! 

The colour is ‘translucent black’, which looks absolutely incredible and the SRT pickup (updated for the 200 series) sounds amazing, as you would expect from Yamaha. There’s a headphone-out so you can hear the in-built reverb whilst practising, but there’s also an Aux-in so you can jam along to baking tracks (I had iReal Pro on my phone plugged in) and the pickup / mic blend allowed me to dial in a few different sounds – handy when I was trying Gypsy picking. 

This comes with the case and ‘case candy’; as you can see from the pictures the body screws off and it fits into a really small, well-padded case. 

We’ve moved house and now I don’t have to be as quiet – we also need to replace the conservatory roof! So here is is. There are nearly £700 new!

I live in Kendal in the Lake District and my daughter lives in Bolton so I’m regularly around these locations and I’m happy to meet someone around these areas; I’ll drive a reasonable distance if it means saving us both the hassle of shipping the items. 

If you’d rather have the item shipped then I would ask that the buyer arranges this. I can drop off at a suitable collection point, and I work from home if the item is to be collected. In such a case, I will ensure that the item is properly packaged with polystyrene or bubblewrap and I’ll make a trip to Curry’s to get suitable box or to assemble one if the item is too large. 

Other info

I’ll have quite a few items up for sale over the next few weeks and I’ll also be advertising them on other sources, so please let me know if you’re interested and I can ensure that other adverts are taken down as I don’t want to disappoint anyone.

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2084.jpg

Edited by DanOwens

I was lucky enough to get one for Christmas and I've barely put it down since.

Utterly brilliant guitar and I'm looking forward to using it when we start gigging again in the summer. Used with the Yamaha THR5 amp, they make a great team.

Last week I bought a Variax JTV guitar, so it seems I'm a sucker for whacky instruments. ..!

GLWTS, lovely condition and a good price...

• Like 1