edgreenmusic

Looking for a new affordable guitar model (acoustic)

I’ve been playing for 2 years with my Yamaha F310 guitar. It does an amazing job, but i am quickly outgrowing it i feel. What would be a good upgrade? For reference, i’m a fingerstyle songwriter, so i would need a very all rounded guitar. My apologies as i dont have an estimated budget at the moment- this is more a future plan.

The only answer I can give is a shed-load of questions, so...

Where are you located..?
Do you want/need an electro-acoustic, or pure acoustic..?
What are the key 'issues' with your present instrument that you feel need improvement..?
Will you be travelling with it (friends, studio,, or open-mic sessions..?), or just for home use..?
Come on, you must have some idea of the money you could throw at this..! A price bracket, maybe..?
Any particular 'funny' stuff, such as only sunburst, or no inlays, or whatever..?
I'll assume no 'lefty' guitars would suit..?
Must it be new..?

There's more, but that'll get the ball rolling. Over to you...

On 28/08/2020 at 02:21, Dad3353 said:

What are the key 'issues' with your present instrument that you feel need improvement..?

There's also a chance you could save yourself quite a lot of money here: could these limitations be fixed with a good setup? Yamahas come with a pretty good reputation across the board; I do wonder if a few professional tweaks from a luthier/guitar tech might unlock the rest of its potential.

(Unless you just want another guitar, of course - I don't think any of us would judge you for that!)