craigreynolds711@gmail.com

Encore blaster

This is my p90 equipped encore blaster i brought this because I didn't want to spend a load of cash on a p90 equipped guitar but boy has this surprised me it plays like a dream it sounds like a dream they are build quality issues of course for 95 quid there will be but it does prove a point to me if you look you can find a chaep guitar that is an absolute bargin what do you think

15979633047795848783773543246583.jpg

• Like 1

It's interesting how often cheaper brands are actually donig something interesting moreso than the big boys. Partly this is, to be fair, due to the market being problem the most inherently conservatice consumer goods market there is, but a lack of p90s seems to me to be a real miss in Fender's Player line-up, for example. I'd love a Strat with three p90s (even three JM pups, which are not quite the same thing), or a Tele with one in the neck.

Funnily enough,h one of the thnigs I have to cleaqr out are the bits I bought years ago to build a p90 Strat that never happened.... I was gonig to do it the 'easy' way with two HB-sized p90s. Though I think a sort of Strat version of a Junior would be very cool - just a dog ear p90, an on/off  switch and a volume knob. Funny how after they took the Esquier up to two pups with the Broadcaster, Fender never got into the idea of single-pup "student" models the way Gibson did, though I suppose Fendr was always a touch more affordable by design already.

I love cheap/ bargain guitars personally. If it plays well that's all there is to it for me. 

If your happy with it and it sings then it's all good. I've yet to pick up the guitar that makes me think spending thousands is something I need to do.

Wuggis this isnt the first time its happened i brought a squirer classic vibe 50s replica telecaster years ago and that did the same thing i still have bitsa today but not the same as i brought her she has had new pick ups a rewire new neck but ive still got her like i said they are cheap guitats out there that stand out you just have to keep your eyes and ears open

On 21/08/2020 at 10:15, EdwardMarlowe said:

It's interesting how often cheaper brands are actually donig something interesting moreso than the big boys.

Yes indeed - guitarist in my other band has a rather interesting Deluxe Tele as one of his main gigging guitars, which is fitted with a pair of P90 copies (Duncans, I think). Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's not a Fender, but a Squier. (And still sounds bloody good)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Wuggis this isnt the first time its happened i brought a squirer classic vibe 50s replica telecaster years ago and that did the same thing i still have bitsa today but not the same as i brought her she has had new pick ups a rewire new neck but ive still got her like i said they are cheap guitats out there that stand out you just have to keep your eyes and ears open

I had one of those, it was very nice. I can’t remember why I sold it now.

On 01/10/2020 at 23:00, Wuggis said:

I love cheap/ bargain guitars personally. If it plays well that's all there is to it for me. 

If your happy with it and it sings then it's all good. I've yet to pick up the guitar that makes me think spending thousands is something I need to do.

I've picked up a few of those in my time, though to date I've never actually had the scratch to pay thousands for 'em, so it's largely academic! If I had two grand to spend ona guitar, though, it'd have to be something custom made rather than OTR.

On 02/10/2020 at 11:17, EliasMooseblaster said:

Yes indeed - guitarist in my other band has a rather interesting Deluxe Tele as one of his main gigging guitars, which is fitted with a pair of P90 copies (Duncans, I think). Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's not a Fender, but a Squier. (And still sounds bloody good)

Squier seem to be a test bed for a lot of things for Fender. I'm sure I've seen quite a few models start as Squier and later appear as MIM Fender and so on.

2 hours ago, EdwardMarlowe said:

Squier seem to be a test bed for a lot of things for Fender. I'm sure I've seen quite a few models start as Squier and later appear as MIM Fender and so on.

You might be onto something there - I've not paid it much mind, as I know Fender, Gibson, and their devotees often fetishise all things "retro," but I did briefly wonder whether the new "Vintera" range might have been driven partly by the success of the Squier Classic Vibe series.

On 05/10/2020 at 14:23, EliasMooseblaster said:

You might be onto something there - I've not paid it much mind, as I know Fender, Gibson, and their devotees often fetishise all things "retro," but I did briefly wonder whether the new "Vintera" range might have been driven partly by the success of the Squier Classic Vibe series.

I think in large part it's a rebranding of the old MIM vintage series guitars, but definitely they've upped their game. quite likely because of the success of the Squiers. IME the CVs are good enough that I think they could have gotten away with badging them as "MIC Fender". Always like the look of the MIM vintage models, but no lefties so no dice for me. The CVs are the only "vintage reissue" Fenders that have a left handed option south of the higher end US made stuff. Fender Japan were always good with lefties, but those are rarely seen now because of the shift to Mexico in the main for US & EU markets. The left handed availability in the Player range is a huge step forward. First time Fener Mexico have ever done a left handed  P bass, and it's the only maple-boarded bass lower in price than the US 50s p bass.

I remember Squier doing the Vista series in the mid/late 90s. Japanese made, the Supersonic, the Courtney Love endorsed Venus, the HH equipped Jasgmaster... the latter definitely later got a Fender run via Mexico in some form. Squier have occasionally been used to do something 'diferent' and of their own; some of them ore conservative end of that have definitely had Fender runs. Squier have broght basck the Supersonic; I'd love to see what Fender might so with that in Mexico. Me, I'd love a lefty in the original blue sparkle with two p90s and a full-scale, 68-spec neck, maple board, big headstock.... Considered Hendrixing one back ni the day, but I coldn't get on with the tiny neck when I tried it in the shop.