lukus_uk

Fender F hole Acoustic Guitar - Any information about it?

Hi There,

Im really trying to find out any information about this Fender Acoustic F hole guitar. I cant find any images online that are similar and the model sticker inside the one of the F holes is not readable to me.

I can tell it might start like Model: F Sup...

Here are a couple of pics including the model sticker.

If anyone has any information about this guitar I would really appreciate knowing it as Im putting a lot of hard work into restoring it as I think it needs to be saved.

Thanks a lot 

IMG-8128.jpg

IMG-8126.jpg

All I can offer is it's a clear lift of a Hofner design from the 50s / early 60s, right down to the 'Fender' logo on the body where the 'Hofner' would be. But for the additional inside labelling I'd suspect it was a Hofner with just the Fender badge stuck on. Would love one of these if lefty.

It also reminds me a lot of the guitar in photos of Macca I've seen from the era when Stu Sutcliffe was still on bass and Paul was the third guitar player in the Silver Beetles when they played the Reperbahn.

On 20/07/2020 at 13:59, EdwardMarlowe said:

All I can offer is it's a clear lift of a Hofner design from the 50s / early 60s, right down to the 'Fender' logo on the body where the 'Hofner' would be. But for the additional inside labelling I'd suspect it was a Hofner with just the Fender badge stuck on. Would love one of these if lefty.

It also reminds me a lot of the guitar in photos of Macca I've seen from the era when Stu Sutcliffe was still on bass and Paul was the third guitar player in the Silver Beetles when they played the Reperbahn.

My first reaction was a hofner with a fender badge but i was also stumped by the label inside, the headstock inlay is similar to the Hofner Senator but it's much bigger on this guitar and not having a makers logo or name on the headstock is rare too. The tailpiece is very unusual, most of the ones you usually see have the string anchors in a line either straight across or at a single angle or a gentle sweep, this one seems to be staggered into 2 sections of 3.

are there any signs that parts have been replaced or that it has been repaired in the past?

I will agree that it's a great looking instrument, i really like archtops and something like this is very unusual.

Matt

On 24/07/2020 at 17:09, Matt P said:

My first reaction was a hofner with a fender badge but i was also stumped by the label inside, the headstock inlay is similar to the Hofner Senator but it's much bigger on this guitar and not having a makers logo or name on the headstock is rare too. The tailpiece is very unusual, most of the ones you usually see have the string anchors in a line either straight across or at a single angle or a gentle sweep, this one seems to be staggered into 2 sections of 3.

are there any signs that parts have been replaced or that it has been repaired in the past?

I will agree that it's a great looking instrument, i really like archtops and something like this is very unusual.

Matt

Did you ever find out anything more about this?