Jazz Club

Which Finish Would You Go For ?

19 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Black for me. These bad boys benefit from a decent setup, the singer/guitarist in one of my bands has one of these and pre setup, it was a tuning PITA (still not a breeze, but better).

A mate has had both the 12 and 6 string for ages and setup straight out of the box was really good.

He just put his favourite strings on both Oiled fret board polished frets and was good to go.

I’ve been waiting months for them to come back into stock because of coronavirus.
The price has gone up a little  but both  still offer exceptional SQ and value for money.

Edited by Jazz Club

Looking fowad to seeing your review.

You could well have a future collectable on your hands there too, as the Original Band is well known for playing serious hardball with "copyists".

I go back and forth on the Original Brand.... I tend to lose interest in the design of pretty much anything (not just guitars, and especially clothes) much after 1959. That black 12 string, though..... I'll always rmeember Keef saying that the best way to really make a guitar sound breath is to add an extra tack of clean guitar- I think he said 12 string? - subtly in the mix. Not that I've recorded anything yet, but I plan at some ponit to do a bit, just for fun.

I fell in love with 12 string guitars in the early 60s as a kid .

My uncle used to take me to his bands practice in school and village halls and a scout hut.

Some of the various band members had them and I just loved the sound.

Then came George Harrison and the Byrds and I was well and truly hooked for life.

This time round my buying choices are best sound for the money.

Im not a guitar make snob .

I don’t play live anymore but if I did I wouldn’t have any qualms about using any of the guitars I’ve bought during lockdown because they are all up to it.

There are a lot of great economically priced quality build great sounding guitars out there now that really do sound amazing for the money and give the Fender Gibson’s and others a good run  for the money these days

Edited by Jazz Club
  • Like 1

So true. I remember when I started in 1991, all the guys weho'd been playing twenty years and more mavelling about how much cheap guitars had improved since their early days.... Now I'm donig the same thing. Seems to me the thing you have to watc h for these days is fast coming down to attention to detail in the build often moreso than quality of ingredients. It's also been interesting seeingb the plethoa of smaller brands forcing thed big boys to up their game at the lower end too.