Yasin

Which budget guitar should i buy

12 hours ago, Si600 said:

Oi! The Build Diaries section is there for a reason.

Just sayin' ;)

It's hardly a build diary. I am merely trying to show the op that making a guitar can work out cheaper than buying a budget guitar.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 19:47, ezbass said:

Return it and swap for the one you actually wanted?

I should have done but I had destroyed the packaging and left feedback. I will do something with it as I do have a router. I just can't be bothered at the moment as I would have to buy other things like a table to clamp it, templates etc.

Edited by ubit

On 13/09/2021 at 09:28, ubit said:

It's hardly a build diary. I am merely trying to show the op that making a guitar can work out cheaper than buying a budget guitar.

Might I add? It's also a lot more fun and you feel that the guitar is a part of you rather than a shop bought item

On 05/08/2020 at 07:28, Wuggis said:

With eBay your seeing photos of the actual guitar. And I think your right buying used means some one else will probably sorted out the little niggles you may come across.

The nut on my sc500 was awful. And tuning stability was none existent. I was blaming the strings and when I went to change them the nut fell apart.

Don't get me wrong once it was replaced with a bone nut the thing is great. 

I'm setting up Harley Benton Tele for a mate at the moment and the nut was way out, everything near the nut was a quarter tone out of tune. That's easy enough to deal with if you have the files but it all adds to the cost if you don't. The neck isn't great either, too much relief even at the end of the truss rod adjustment.