Jazz Club

HaveYou Bought Any New Guitars During Lockdown?

1 hour ago, Jazz Club said:

I’ve been giving this guitar some serious Joe Walsh action for 4 hours.

New strings needed for my fingers.

Complete with facial expressions I hope. I do like a bit of JW. As old as it is, the opening chords of Turn To Stone still make me want to turn up the radio.

i Haven't bought anything but i did acquire this Chord 3/4 sized acoustic on Tuesday via a freecycle -type post on facebook,

DSC_0031.thumb.JPG.ad1cd035b12d072f021c40765a7e764d.JPG

i am assuming that the  previous owner was a beginner as they had stickers to show basic chords on the fretboard,

DSC_0026.thumb.JPG.9b666578fbba8a25f2a5e2bcf1ffe721.JPG

i gave it a cleanup and some adjustments and made a clear scratchplate for it and it play's fine, not expecting it to sound amazing but for playing in the garden or round a campfire it's fine. (and it was free!) I left the headstock stickers on as i don't mind them.

here it is next to my McIlroy AS25 for scale ( the McIlroy absolutely stomps on it in terms of tone but then it would!)

DSC_0028.thumb.JPG.3bb1d5326b45b98518a9fc380700ec05.JPG

Matt

• Like 2

On 30/07/2020 at 03:16, ezbass said:

As you’ve been setting up for a good while, hopefully you’ll be able to wait and ride out this, what should be, short sell off storm. You mention GC, do we assume that you’re US based?

Yes, sorry I didn’t mention it. GC Guitar Center. It is where many Americans go and play and buy equipment.

• Thanks 1

On 30/07/2020 at 11:10, Jazz Club said:

This has also arrived.

Lovely looking guitar nicely set up straight out of the box.

It’s quite a bit heavier than I thought it would be.

Will give it a play in a bit.

14558533_800.jpg
My mate popped round to pick some naim speaker cables up yesterday with his 60s Fender Tele.

Have to say we both had a jaw hit floor moment when he played both.

Yes there was a SQ difference but not that much to warrant the massive price difference.
He loved my Fender Squire Mustang but was blown away by my HB SC450 Plus LD Vintage.

14371978_800.jpg

14371993_800.jpg

He ordered one when he got home.

Edited by Jazz Club