Richb1888

Guitar to iPad Pro - how?

Hi all,

First post on here.... wonder if you can help with a little issue i have.   I am just getting back into playing after about 7 or 8 years of the guitars sitting in cases in the loft.  Just didn’t have the time before.  Anyway.... back then i used an Irig straight into an iPad 2 and it let me record on garage band and make use of the amp simulations and effects - adequate enough for messing about round the house in my spare time!   Now, i have an iPad Pro 2018 and of course apple in their shitty wisdom have removed the headphone jack.  How would i go about connecting my guitar to the iPad now?  Happy to buy a new adaptor etc but just looking for a cheapish solution to give me a similar setup as before...... anyone got any suggestions?  Do you guys use anything similar?

Cheers

Rich

I have no experience at all with any apple products but there are bluetooth wireless systems available now.  Previously they would have been difficult to use due to lag but perhaps the technology is better these days.  Maybe you can pair the wireless transmitter to the iPad but I don't know for sure.

Apple’s own headphone adapter is just £9 and generic ones are available even cheaper. Lady Ez wanted to use the wired earbuds/mic combo for conference calls on her iPhone 7 and given it was less than a tenner, paying the extra for the branded product and avoiding any connection glitches seemed worth it. YMMV.

I tried a small usb c to 3.5mm adaptor with the iRig but there was no signal.  It wasn’t a genuine apple adapter though. Wasn’t sure if that would work but might give it a try.   I had considered a usb hub like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VX46FPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sCF4Eb2EVY8DP

just wondered if anyone else had done this successfully 

thanks 

rich