Clarky72

HSS pickup suggestions

I'm building a HSS Strat, swamp ash body, maple/maple neck, vintage tremolo.

Any pickup suggestions? I play mainly classic hard rock, I'm more of a Les Paul guy than a shredder.

I know its the balance between tone and output, and i'm leaning heavily towards tone. I have looked at the Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates with regular single coils, toyed with the idea of something like a JB with high powered singles.

All ideas and suggestions welcomed. Thanks! :) 

It’s a well known fact that I’m a DiMarzio fanboy. I’ve use SDs in the past but, whilst they’re good and an upgrade from generic, manufacturer fitted, I’ve mostly been underwhelmed, whereas DiMarzios have always given me that stupid, new tone grin. This is probably down to me choosing the wrong SD pickups for my needs, which I can only put down to the so so customer service I’ve received from SD. On the other hand, I’ve had nothing but stellar service from DiMarzio, no query is too small for them it seems, I’ve even had Steve Blucher answer my emails in the past and he’s worked directly with Satch and Vai to name just 2. So, in short, have a look around their website and then drop them a line with your tonal requirements to see if what you’ve picked out matches  your actual needs.

• Like 1