Sparrowhawk

Headphones / Mini Amp

Hi, I wonder if you can help I have only been playing for a couple of months and wish to increase practice times.

Whilst I have created a small studio the sound travels so, with so many opinions should I use headphones or plug in amp.

I wonder if you can break down the main differences and finally (sorry) what make headphone / plug in amp should I go for.

Budget £100

Thanks all.

A lot of folk on Basschat (my self included) bought and were/are very impressed with the Yamaha Sessioncake. It was a pretty stonking deal at the time, £10 + carriage and now, unsurprisingly, sold out at that retailer. However, even with the now higher price, you could buy one of these and stick your preferred FX in front of it. 

You've probably made a purchase already. But if not I'd recommend taking a look at the "valeton rushead" headphone amp.

Has pretty much all the basic effects and they all work fairly well. And far louder than you'll ever need.

I've even run it into a portable speaker with an aux input for practicing when away from home. And it sounds way better than it really should.

Overdrive is a little underwhelming but passable. Distortion is full on metal at full gain.

And with delay/reverb/chorus and flanger all available it's versatile.

Just wish it had a noise gate too but that's really nit picking. And at £30 it's not much to lay out

Screenshot_20200805-150935_eBay.jpg

Edited by Wuggis
My crap spelling lol