There are two places that determine the height of an individual string on guitars of the sort: the bridge and the nut. It's fairly easy to see if it's the bridge that's the issue: remove the 'D' and 'G' strings (or slacken 'em off considerably...), then swap the bridge saddles of these two strings and tune up again. If the issue is now with the 'D' string, have the offending saddle cut a touch deeper, or change it for one that conforms better. If the problem is still the 'G' string, the nut slot for that string maybe needs deepening. This is best done by a luthier, as a little goes a long way, and too much is a Bad Idea.
Any help..? B|

59 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

There are two places that determine the height of an individual string on guitars of the sort: the bridge and the nut. It's fairly easy to see if it's the bridge that's the issue: remove the 'D' and 'G' strings (or slacken 'em off considerably...), then swap the bridge saddles of these two strings and tune up again. If the issue is now with the 'D' string, have the offending saddle cut a touch deeper, or change it for one that conforms better. If the problem is still the 'G' string, the nut slot for that string maybe needs deepening. This is best done by a luthier, as a little goes a long way, and too much is a Bad Idea.
Any help..? B|

I can’t swap the saddles on the Epiphone Wildkat 

35 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Are the saddles not held in by a wire spring, in similar way to this..?

Yours may be one single wire spring along all six saddles. No good, still..?

Thanks! Just switched it. All the strings are at the same level now, but now the G string has this buzz when I play it 

Take the 'G' string off completely, and re-string it, being careful not to let it twist when threading through the tuner. Sometimes that's enough, if the string isn't damaged. Try it..? If it still buzzes, we'll have to know where it buzzes (Every note played..? Only the high/low notes..? Is it the string or the saddle or the nut that's buzzing..?). It's not always simple, and we can't see or hear what you're seeing and hearing. One step at a time, then...

Edited by Dad3353

23 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Take the 'G' string off completely, and re-string it, being careful not to let it twist when threading through the tuner. Sometimes that's enough, if the string isn't damaged. Try it..? If it still buzzes, we'll have to know where it buzzes (Every note played..? Only the high/low notes..? Is it the string or the saddle or the nut that's buzzing..?). It's not always simple, and we can't see or hear what you're seeing and hearing. One step at a time, then...

My bad just seen your reply. Saw a video about the guitar and noticed the saddles on my Wildkat’s bridge was reversed lol. So I fixed that but now the E, A, D & G strings are buzzing :/

Where abouts are you..? It may be an idea to have someone have a look at the instrument. No decent guitar shops or luthiers nearby..? A good set-up by a good luthier is always a Good Investment, and most will explain what's up and give tips, too. Any use..?

Edit : you mention having already tried lowering the bridge. Have you put it back to where it was before..?

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1