Leonidas

Takamine GN10 sn VS Eastcoast G1S VS Tanglewood TWR2 O

Hi all,

I want to buy a spare acoustic guitar when I hang around at the beach when I am on holidays or when I do bbq on Sundays.
I do not want to use my Martin or my Taylor as both they are all solid wood which means very sensitive in this kind of environmental changes. Of course I do not want to spend thousands like I did with those 2 guitars. I am looking for something which costs below than £200.

I am checking out these 3 guitars:
- Takamine GN10 sn (all body is laminate, £180)
- Eastcoast G1S (back and sides laminate and they say that the top is from solid wood,  £120)
- Tanglewood TWR2 O (they say that the guitar is all solid wood but I am not convinced about that, £160)

As far as I can listen to them from the youtube the Takamine seems to have better sound, the second best seems the Eastcoast and in the end the Tanglewood.
I know that I have to go in person in a music store and spend sometime with each guitar before I decide but due to the COVID-19 this seems impossible.

Does anyone have any experience or opinion about those 3 guitars? Or if you have in mind any guitar for the beach and in general for outdoors with less than  £200 where its sound does not suck?

PS: All of my guitars have a gloss finish. I want to try a satin finish guitar, that's why those 3 are all satin.

Thank you very much for the help in advance!!

Any of these three guitars will give satisfaction 'on the beach', or at home on the sofa. I doubt that it would be useful spending much time doing one-on-one comparison in a shop, especially if you're 'tuned' to hearing Marin or Taylor stuff. My 'go-to' guitar is a Takamine G220 (discontinued, bought second-hand but inexpensive when new...) and it does a fine job. I'd go for the Takamine with no hesitation, unheard, as I don't think that they make duff guitars, at any price point.
Just my tuppence-worth. B|

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Any of these three guitars will give satisfaction 'on the beach', or at home on the sofa. I doubt that it would be useful spending much time doing one-on-one comparison in a shop, especially if you're 'tuned' to hearing Marin or Taylor stuff. My 'go-to' guitar is a Takamine G220 (discontinued, bought second-hand but inexpensive when new...) and it does a fine job. I'd go for the Takamine with no hesitation, unheard, as I don't think that they make duff guitars, at any price point.
Just my tuppence-worth. B|

Many thanks for your answer and for your time!