Doug S

Guitar choice help please

Hi there

looking to buy my first electric guitar on a budget and narrowed it down to a esp Ltd ec256 used , rally? New and a vintage L100cs used. Appreciate any advice on choice from these as can’t get out to try them?
D

Edited by Doug S
Title wrong

I looked them all up, and if the price suits you, can't really say much bad about any of them. 'Used' can be a Good Thing, if the guitar has been looked after, as it's already 'set up'. One would have to have some confidence in the Seller, though, to be able to judge that. 'New', of course, has the advantage of having a guarantee, which is seldom needed to be called upon, but is at least reassuring.
If buying second-hand, it's a Good Idea to have a friend 'player' to come along and try it out. This may be difficult in today's circumstances, but is to be considered. A 'player' could better judge an instrument than a complete novice (as long as that judgement can be trusted...).
One last aspect: what about the aesthetics of the thing..? A preferred colour, or finish..? Trivial, up to a point, but an instrument that one 'bonds' incites more practise time, and pleasure. Think about a case of some sort, too, in the budget. A soft 'hard case' is a worthwhile investment to protect the guitar, and those referenced in your question merit looking after properly.
Hope this helps. rWNVV2D.gif

• Like 1

I've seen both of these in YouTube comparisons (I just can't seem to find the videos though 😤) and both are well regarded. The Vintage sticks more to the LP aesthetic with the control layout, but both are solidly in the Les Paul camp. As Dad says, you can pick up a bargain used, but you lose that peace of mind that new (and therefore returnable) gives, unless of the course if the used ones are from a shop. Nice choice to have to make.