Cjfk84

Dan electro DC3 upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade my Dan electro dc3, the boost switch is faulty and will need replacing or taking out the circuit and replaced with a new tone pot ??? 

Also does anyone have any information on the aluminium nut for the dc3? Are there aftermarket replacements ? Or is it better to keep that the same as It could affect the tone of the guitar ?

Also are there any alternatives to the bridge? Setting the intonation is a pain as the screw to change the saddles is under a string

And finally the beck strap peg, I want to move it as it's in the most awkward position possible, has anyone done this? If so how did it go and was it a success. Any help anyone could give me would be great thanks

Chris

Good evening, Chris...

It sounds as if you're not all that in love with your guitar, which is a shame. It should be understood that Danelectro were, and still are, rather towards the 'budget' end of the market, with the advantages that that brings, and the inconveniences. It has a distinctive tone, but will never be a Gibson nor Rickenbacker. Personally, I wouldn't consider upgrades as such; repairs are a different matter. Leave the nut alone; it's doing its job and it won't improve anything to change it. Same for the bridge; once it's intonated, it shouldn't need touching often at all, and it won't be an easy job to find anything that'll fit. I'm puzzled by the mention of a 'boost' switch. If that's the seven-position pick-up selector, what's wrong with it..? What has the tone pot got to do with it..? If you can explain that a bit more, maybe a solution could be offered.
Over to you... rWNVV2D.gif

• Like 2

Sorry its called a blow switch, once switched it activates all 3 pickups at one time but hasnt worked for years, its a common fault with these guitars apparently so looking for alternative wiring ideas. Was possibly thinkiny of a kill switch bit would be nice to hear any other ideas also