mcnach

which guitar is best for metal?

7 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

H'mm. Can't embed an image ... yet. 

How odd.

You should be able too via the upload function.

We're waiting for tech support to resolve the embedding of online images, it's because of the move over to HTTPS

No such thing. I play metal wit Les paul, Tele and Strat. So much can be achieved with pedals, amps, pre and post processing nowadays.

I'd say playing a guitar that feels comfortable when playing is the best.

On 22/08/2018 at 20:26, SH73 said:

No such thing. I play metal wit Les paul, Tele and Strat. So much can be achieved with pedals, amps, pre and post processing nowadays.

I'd say playing a guitar that feels comfortable when playing is the best.

True.

I was playing a tele through one of the distortion effects on the zoom g1onx the other day and I found myself thinking that I doubted if I could tell if a guitar going through that effect had humbuckers or single coils in a blind test.

On 10/09/2018 at 10:53, Cato said:

True.

I was playing a tele through one of the distortion effects on the zoom g1onx the other day and I found myself thinking that I doubted if I could tell if a guitar going through that effect had humbuckers or single coils in a blind test.

It's all marketing. Seen guitar blind tests on You Tube? mostly get it wrong.  

There are people who say strat is not suitable for metal. Strat is probably the most versatile guitar imo.

Maiden, Malmsteen, Richie Sambora, Eddie Van Halen.....

What makes their sound unique is the style of playing, pick up selection, effects, amp settings etc.

• Like 1