Scratcher

One vision tips please

I am a novice.But keen to learn.

Guitar is a telecaster.Practice and only amp is a 15 watt grafter with an overdrive button and gain knob.

I am getting the opening bit bang on as taught by andyguitar.Just cannot get the sound right.Any tips that may help please.

Trying to nail the tone of someone as iconic as Brian May’s is difficult. Obviously he has the Red Special, but a lot of the recorded tone comes/came from the small ‘Deacy’ amp made by JD (there are of course other factors combining to the whole).  My only suggestion would be an fx pedal or multi fx that feature signature tones as presets. A quick Google search came up with the Joyo ACtone as a possible. 

Hopefully, some others will be able to add to list of suggestions.

I think you're heading in the direction I'd go in.  The one thing I'd probably suggest is a treble booster - use an eq pedal if you have one kicking around.  He really liked to run those AC30's at full tilt and the treble boost is at the start of the signal chain, so it's gain, gain, more gain and yet more gain again.

Premier Guitar did a Rig Run Down with his roadie at one point in the past: