Kiwi

What would make you visit GC more?

If we're open to other guitars than the high-flying Usual Suspects, I could present some of my guitars, just for their own sake, and recount a little of their story (how/why got them, what they're good or less good for etc...). Similarly, I have been learning, on and off, for decades, some aspects of guitar-playing; specifically trying to get to grips with chord/melody, and testing my receding memory with 'Misty'. I put the guitar down for a couple of weeks and it's gone; I have to start again (old age, you see...). Would a Beginners Guide to Guitar Pro or Drop 3 chords be useful..? Just a few from the top of my addled head... :|

• Like 2

On 21/04/2020 at 18:30, Dad3353 said:

If we're open to other guitars than the high-flying Usual Suspects, I could present some of my guitars, just for their own sake, and recount a little of their story (how/why got them, what they're good or less good for etc...). Similarly, I have been learning, on and off, for decades, some aspects of guitar-playing; specifically trying to get to grips with chord/melody, and testing my receding memory with 'Misty'. I put the guitar down for a couple of weeks and it's gone; I have to start again (old age, you see...). Would a Beginners Guide to Guitar Pro or Drop 3 chords be useful..? Just a few from the top of my addled head... :|

Love the receding memory bit,  I have that along with the hair-line,   been trying to learn the first couple of minutes of a John Mayall number,  both bass and guitar,  put 'em in a looper pedal,  but   then I go painting walls,  working in the garden and ...

NO,   it's gone  !!,       my head is like a new tune in,  two tunes out,  if I ever retire, life will become odd quite soon I fear.

• Like 1