Kiwi

Most entertaining audiences you've gigged for

Normally it's us who are supposed to be the entertainment but sometimes that gets reversed.  I remember one gig my band did at the King's Head in Crouch End where the audience took over singing and we backed them instead.

• Like 3

I played at a Viking Festival in the middle of last year. I knew mine was going to be the first set on the weekend's music programme; what I didn't realise was that it was also the beginning to pretty much the entire event. So I played a set to a group of people dressed up in Norse togs, carrying drinking hons and replica battleaxes, who didn't yet have enough alcohol inside them to get properly rowdy. The most sedate bunch of Vikings I've ever seen, but a very friendly bunch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 08/01/2020 at 08:57, Kiwi said:

Normally it's us who are supposed to be the entertainment but sometimes that gets reversed.  I remember one gig my band did at the King's Head in Crouch End where the audience took over singing and we backed them instead.

Easier for a band than a stand-up comic....

Not my gig, but this is too good not to recall.... I remember being in the Camden Falcon back in 1999, when that was the base of the Barfly Club (before it moved to the Monarch on the main drag, but I digress...). The much-missed Angelica were on stage, and as they often did, the girls invited the audience to 'heckle us - give us your best insult!'. Somebody in the middle of the crowd yelled out "You were clearly influenced by the Stereophonics!"

Used to have some pretty bizarre audiences back in thed dayswhen I MC'ed a Rocky Horror crowd, but that's probably another story, not on a par with those of you who've done legit gigs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2