Musicman210

1999 G&L Legacy Special
£1200
Manchester

I’ve had this guitar in my possession for 17 years so sorry to see it go! It’s had light use over those years and it’s been very well taken care of. It comes with all the case candy too. Hardly any fret wear, apart from a light ding which would be easy to resolve, it’s in near mint condition. The quality of the finish, less the minor ding, is near mint. 

There are not any of these for sale new in the UK and I believe this is the only one being sold. Retail of this particular version was in the $1,750 new.

Firstly, unplugged this guitar delivers the best tone I’ve ever heard from an electric, it's really loud and pleasing.It’s simply an amazing piece of wood. Construction is impeccable. 

This iteration of the Legacy is unique in a number of respects: The combination of the graphite nut, locking machine head and G&L dual fulcrum bridge, means it keeps it's tune extremely well, even when giving it beans on the vibrato. The next obvious difference are the dual blade pickups which in combination with the controls can get very very close to any sound you need which makes it brilliantly versatile. Finally, it does have it’s own tone coming from the pickups which are wide ranging and makes it an excellent tool for any pedal board or post production techniques.

I play through a Music Man 210 Sixtyfive and had it sounding very vintage, especially when a couple of pickups are selected at the same time, with volume dialed back and tone brought in progressively till I find the tone that makes me smile.

It’s easily up there with the best fender custom shop offerings, I’m only selling as I’ve finally given up on 12” neck radius. I play my MIJ Jazzmaster a lot more which has a 9” radius, or maybe even a 7.25, and when I pick this up it’s just too different for me and my fingers are quite small. I’ve recently bought its replacement, so it needs to go!

In summary, this is an excellent guitar in excellent condition. The photos show off the quality of the finish and how little wear there is on the frets.

This is the build and spec sheet:

· CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on

·  SCALE: 251/2"

·  PICKUPS:G&L Dual-Blade in neck and middle position, G&L Power-Blade in bridge position

·  BODY WOOD:Swamp Ash

·  NECK WOOD:Hard-Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard and a satin finish

·  NECK PROFILE: G&L #1 with 12" radius and 1 5/8" nut-width

·  NUT: Graphite

·  FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed

·  TUNING KEYS: G&L locking machine heads

·  BRIDGE: LeoFender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato with chrome plated brass saddles

·  CONTROLS:5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system)

·  CASE: G&L molded.

IMG_20190929_133142.jpg

IMG_20190929_133203.jpg

IMG_20190929_133427.jpg

IMG_20190929_134138.jpg

IMG_20190929_134633.jpg

IMG_20190929_163533.jpg

IMG_20190929_163611.jpg