Jkslasher

No sound from my guitar

Good day.
I hope somebody will be able to assist me.

So I have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard and the neck broke beginning of the year with the guitar still working 100%. It was in the hardcase for the time so I decided instead of fixing the neck to buy a new body and neck as a DIY project and just install the hardware and electrical parts in the new body. I removed the pickups by cutting the wire in the middle of each pickup and removed all the wires and control knobs without disconnecting any other wires from where it was soldered. So basically the only wires that I had to reconnect was the two pick up wires. So I installed everything in the new body with the earth at the correct place and joined the pickup wires precisely as I removed them. After all this I plugged it in and nothing. Not even a sound or noise. I removed the pick ups again to male sure that there is no short circuit but could not find anything. What can be a common problem? I want to see if I can fix it myself before taking to a guitar shop.

Thanks

• Sad 1