Old Horse Murphy

My current Guitars

I thought I’d post a few pics of my current guitars I’m using. I’ve had a bit of a chop and change recently (more variations on a theme in all fairness) but am very happy with these. 

First up is a 1995 Fender American Standard Strat in Electric Blue which was a colour offered between 1995-96. Condition is excellent apart from a bit of lacquer wear up at the Cowboy Chord end. It’s also been fitted with a set of Kinman Vintage pickups and a push/pull tone pot that activates neck and bridge pickup together. I swapped out the original white pickguard and backplate for black ones as I think it makes it look better.

I was fortunate enough to pick this up for less than I’ve seen used Mexican Fenders go for, even with nearly £300 worth of pickups in it. 

Next is a 2000 Fender American Standard Telecaster in spotless condition. It sounds wonderful and is a beauty to pay. It originally had a white pickguard but I decided to replace it with a black one. 

DD2A79D3-503D-408C-899E-2D3906B3319A.jpeg

A0576DCD-5F3A-43F1-A633-49A17401A1DB.jpeg

9A5D76AC-68FC-490C-97DF-C7C10E8FC3B3.jpeg

• Like 3