Kiwi

Tele wiring for a strat

I think the answer is going to be no, to this question but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. 

Is it possible to wire neck and bridge pickups to the middle position on a vintage 5 way selector switch and retain all the other pickup selection positions as standard?  I know its possible to do it by swapping a couple of pickup leads but it screws up the order of the other positions.

One way is to use a 3 way switch and wire it like a Tele with a master tone. Then the spare pot (previously tone) can be used as a volume for just the middle pickup. That way you can introduce the middle pickup to any setting. I used that system for years and really loved it.

On 18/10/2019 at 09:07, SH73 said:

I have a push pull volume switch in my strat and whichever position the selector switch is, if I pull the volume switch the associated pick up will be paired with the bridge pick up.

Have a look at this

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/7-killer-mods-push-pull-pot/

I have a similar arrangement on my Rob Williams Custom 3pup Tele (see the Tele thread), but wired so that pulling the switch brings in the neck pup. There's a second pull-push that switches between HB and SC at the bridge.With both switches up and the selector in posn. 1, I get the classic Tele mid-position. The bridge pup isn't angled like it is on a Tele, but soundwise it's close.