RobF

New Tanglewood semi

After a quick visit to the bay of evil last night I came away winning this .

model TE 5 EB. 

I couldn't find any info anywhere on the interweb so I contacted Tanglewood direct to find out that it is so new that they have not added it to their website yet, and that only 24 will be released in each colour this year. 

The pickups, headstock , the two controls ( one volume and one tone ? ) and the offcentre dot markers seem to hint at a modern rocker rather than traditional 335 type,

how a music shop can let it go at far less than 1/3 of the RRP is beyond me, but I'm not going to complain and  I will give it a go when it arrives on Tuesday. 

IMG_4490.JPG

Edited by RobF
Fat fingers
  • Like 2

Remidns me of the Kramer semi with the diamond 'f holes' that Dave Grohl played for a bit. Doesn't a guy from Queens of the Stone Age also play a semi now? THen there was Malcom Young.... so this type of thing has a bit of hard rock pedigree.

I've only owned Tanglewood acoustics, but I have handled a few of thyeir electrics and they are always impressive for the money.