darkandrew

Tell me about Bill Nelson

I remember reading in Gary Numan's autobiography that Bill Nelson was one of his heroes but other than seeing him credited with playing some guitar on a Cabaret Voltaire album I don't know much about him or his style. Please educate me ...

Probably best known for his work with the brilliant Bebop Deluxe in the 70s (Sunburst Finish is one of my top albums of all time). However, he has recorded 100s (I think that’s right) of solo albums since. His solo stuff can be quite avant-garde IIRC.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2019 at 08:24, ezbass said:

Probably best known for his work with the brilliant Bebop Deluxe in the 70s (Sunburst Finish is one of my top albums of all time). However, he has recorded 100s (I think that’s right) of solo albums since. His solo stuff can be quite avant-garde IIRC.

I saw Be Bop Deluxe back in 1975 or thereabouts and thought they were fantastic. You've just reminded me to go dig out Sunburst Finish - I haven't listened to it for donkey's years..

The bass player (who's name escapes me) now runs Ricky Sounds....

10 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

The bass player (who's name escapes me) now runs Ricky Sounds....

Obviously not Charlie Tumahai because he died a fair while back. Robert Bryan (he played bass on Axe Victim)?

Edited by ezbass
  • Thanks 1