jazzyvee

Who makes Mania Guitars?

About 3 years ago I picked up a Mania brand neck through telecaster copy with Seymour Duncan pickups in at PMT Music car boot sale. I had never heard of the brand but it was cheap and I use it for practice at home.  I haven't though been able to find anything about this guitar brand on line and wondered if anyone knows who makes them and where I can find information about this one. It doesn't sound like it's a high end instrument and the hardware doesn't look expensive so I imagine it is a budget brand. 

Thanks in advance

C3C9C60B-6E29-48DC-AEE0-B21F83D8D21F.jpeg

DDBD9FEF-A6BB-4E9E-830E-71EE7740AC6F.jpeg

Edited by jazzyvee
Adding a picture
  • Like 2

Are you sure it isn't a one-of project that somebody made at home, and put their own 'brand' on? I've never seen a budget guitar with a true neck-thru construction, tbh. I wodner did a(n aspiring) luthier make it as a homebrew project, and just use whateverf hardware was around for a build? If the neck and body are well finished and play great, it could be worth upgrading. (Though if you ppour money into new part,s keep the old stuff to hand so if you everr sell it you can return it to original spec, as upgrade projects rarely make their money back ime).

Definitely not a one off. 

I had a Mania VTB-4BS neck thru bass which was really very good. It won bass of the year under £500 in one of the big guitar mags when in production. 

Here's an ad for a bass with a bit of info about quality and origin, I'd be willing to bet the guitars are built in the same factory to the same standard. 

• Like 1

Precious few thru-necks around these days.... any brands currently doing them aside from Ric and the higher-end Thunderbirds/Firebirds? 

Never owned one, would be interested one day, though I suspect a Ric will remain out of reach for the foreseeable. Would especially love a Ric bass...