EdwardMarlowe

Vox VX series

I'm not the technophobe that some are, but I like to have an idea of new tech before I go there....  My main amp is still one of the original Blue-Cloth Vox Valevetronix, the big AC30 sized one. Lovely beast, and In especially love using it with the built-in attenuator. Still, I'd also like something more portable for out and about, headphones, office and such, and I've been considering the MV series for this. Were I to have the chance to gig again, I'd likely pair it with a large tweed speaker cab for a 50s American aesthetic. (In truth, I'd be tempted to repalce the VT with this set-up, but it's such al ovely, flexible old beast, and no longer in production). 

Anyone tried these? Hoe do the clean and Vox ones compare? I like my clean tones to sit just on the edge of breakup; it sounds like the 'clean' one might be just a bit too clean for me? I have no aversion to pedals for dirt, but I'd like an amp that can have that clean-just on the edge of dirty sound that I associate with early rock'n'roll and rockabilly (think, e.g. 'Brand New Cadillac', or Tran Kept a' Rollin').