maut

1965 Höfner 176 Galaxie red sunburst SOLD!
£650
Berlin, Germany

EUR 750 / GBP 650

The codes on the pots date this to 1965. The guitar is overall in a good condition, alle electrics work without noises, no scratchy pots or switches, the three pickups have a very healthy output.

The trussrod works as it should, the tremolo is good. The frets are about 70%. The tuner for the high E-string is a little bent but works fine.

One thing is to mention: There are two holes between the bridge and the tremolo. These have been covered up with some matching paint, but they are definitely visible at closer inspection. Apart from that everything else seems to be original and unmolested.

Most of the 176 bodies were finished with vinyl covers that tend to bend or break. It was less expensive than applying paint jobs back then. The sunburst nitro finish on this one is still deep red and not faded, the guitar was stored in it´s case for many years.

The case for the 176 in this version is really rare. It has a kind of faux tweed exterior, some wear on the edges, and a faded painted band logo on one side. All locks work fine, and it fits like a glove. The handle is from an old VOX amp, this must be an old replacement to the original handle.

I´m in Berlin, international shipping is no problem.

This is my first listing on this forum, but I have been very active on the partner forum BASSCHAT and have some feedback there:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/285909-feedback-for-maut-niels/

5.jpg

12.jpg

6.jpg

13.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg