jimbomcmucka

That question.... Money

Hi all

I know this is always the topic of much debate and I am probably throwing a grenade here!

I've played lots of pub gigs over the years and have recently started playing in wedding / function band. I understand the fees vary drastically! We charge approx £1000 for a wedding or corporate gig and tend to take what we can get with pub gigs, if and when we chose to do them.. Usually getting around £250-300.

My question is, Social / Members clubs.... I have never played any before, but have been asked for a quote. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot here. I assume that these would usually pay similar to a pub, rather than a private function? - Or would they fall somewhere in between?

I would be interested to know the experiences of you guys on this!

Cheers. Jim

Pub rates sound about right for a small members club, if what you mean is something in the old working man's club mould. If you're talking Soho or the Groucho type primate members' club, I'd up it. Cutting them a good deal (without undervaluing yourself - it's amazing how many people these days can't see the value in live performance and think a band should cost what a DJ does) might help ensure regular bookings, I'd have thought.