dlloyd

Where are all my plectrums?

Lost picks?

I wouldn't know

This is my 20+ year old Dunlop tortex pick  (on the right) next to the same make and model bought a few months ago.

Either they used to make them slightly smaller with a different shape or the older one has lost a couple of mm in height and width over the years.20181207_200613.thumb.jpg.097c60e5ac93d66b22d681f2509689b0.jpg

The old one is noticeably slippier as well. I think I must have knocked most of the tortex out of it.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

lol... 

I tend to hold on to my wegen picks, which are about £15 each... they're fairly specific to Gypsy Jazz.

But I bought six Dunlop Ultex Jazz III John Petruccis (bit of a mouthful) a couple of weeks ago I'm down to one.

I bought a couple of bags of these

#1 Best Guitar Picks, 101 Premium Picks (Plectrums) For Your Electric, Acoustic, or Bass Guitar - Light, Medium, Heavy, and X Heavy - Gifted in a Unique Pick Bag - Includes FREE Wedgie Pick Holder - by Pick Geek https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01254SBD6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IYxuCbD6Q0MVK

Trouble is, I lost the bags... 

Edited by nickmew
Spelling

Somebody should attach one to a drawer runner to go up yer sleeve, Travis Bickle style...

On 18/12/2018 at 19:16, dlloyd said:

Yeah, they are black and I play in a black room with the lights out. They're probably all here.

Hard to sign, I'm told.

On 01/01/2019 at 11:33, MWH said:

I keep buying new ones as every time I do, they vanish again and so it goes on,  conspiracy  theory anyone ?

Maybe there's a plectrum fairy. Y'know, like the toothfairy, but for guitar players. And cheaper.

• Haha 1

They've probably all escaped and run off to set up a refuge where they feel empowered to explore a more plectrum orientated lifestyle that includes singing plectrum empowering world music, reading lifestyle magazines and periodicals exploring what it actually means to be plectrum aware, celebrating significant dates in the history of plectrums, promoting plectrum friendly destination holidays, and organising large scale public events to raise awareness of plectrum friendly alternative perspectives on pressing issues of public interest.

• Haha 1

We have a red and black rug in a sort of paisley pattern in our rehearsal room. Whenever I drop a pick it's easier to get a new one out than find it.

IMG-20200214-WA0002.jpg

That's my BF Supertwin and GK Fusion in the background.

Edited by Si600
  • Like 1