ezbass

Tele Tastic!

It seems to have been a bit quiet on GC of late. I know it’s still early days, but I though I’d start a thread that could be added to once a week (at least). Therefore, I am instigating Tele Tuesday. Post any photos that you like of T types that have caught your eye, or one’s that own (they don’t need to be from the big F, just be Tele like in their appearance). I’m going to kick it off with this Mesinger Maverick that I saw today (this makes my wallet itchy).

6F8741EB-7042-4A5E-AD3D-E9045ADD8D8F.jpeg

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 3

Ok, it's Tuesday so here's my Tele. It's a 2004 Korean Tele Custom FMT, again made by Cort for Fender (as was my Showmaster in the Strat thread). It's got a chambered mahogany body with a maple top and a glued in mahogany set-neck with a rosewood fret board - so a bit like a Tele shaped Les Paul but with a Fender scale neck. The original pickups were a Fender Atomic 2 in the bridge and a Black Canyon in the neck but these have been replaced with a Bare Knuckle Nail Bomb Set in brushed nickel. The chambered mahogany body makes this guitar naturally very warm and resonant, and this works really well the Nail Bomb's metallic hairyness in the high frequencies to create a really good sounding, versatile guitar. Apart from the so-so stock pickups, the only thing about this guitar that I wasn't too impressed with was the sharp fret edges but this was easily sorted.

Fender_Tele_Custom_FMT.jpg

Edited by darkandrew
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, darkandrew said:

Ok, it's Tuesday so here's my Tele. It's a 2004 Korean Tele Custom FMT, again made by Cort for Fender (as was my Showmaster in the Strat thread). It's got a chambered mahogany body with a maple top and a glued in mahogany set-neck with a rosewood fret board - so a bit like a Tele shaped Les Paul but with a Fender scale neck. The original pickups were a Fender Atomic 2 in the bridge and a Black Canyon in the neck but these have been replaced with a Bare Knuckle Nail Bomb Set in brushed nickel. The chambered mahogany body makes this guitar naturally very warm and resonant, and this works really well the Nail Bomb's metallic hairyness in the high frequencies to create a really good sounding, versatile guitar. Apart from the so-so stock pickups, the only thing about this guitar that I wasn't too impressed with was the sharp fret edges but this was easily sorted.

Fender_Tele_Custom_FMT.jpg

I'm quite taken with these and, if I could justify another guitar, would definitely look at one, or the Jim Adkins, P90 equipped, semi-hollow Tele.

8 hours ago, ezbass said:

I'm quite taken with these and, if I could justify another guitar, would definitely look at one, or the Jim Adkins, P90 equipped, semi-hollow Tele.

They're quite good guitars, although the current ones are made in Indonesia I believe and I'm not sure how they compare to the Korean ones. As I mentioned earlier, I was never really a huge fan of the stock pickups which were a USA made Atomic / Black Canyon combo but, again, these have changed too in recent years and I think are now a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates+ / 59 combo. Apart from the sharp fret edges, which were easy to sort out with some masking tape, a fine file and some wet'n'dry, everything else about the guitar is really good. I've also got a couple of ESP Eclipse, Les Paul style guitars, but I would say that this Tele sounds more like a typical Les Paul than either of those.

Edited by darkandrew

8 hours ago, ezbass said:

Right, this week I thought I'd add this beauty. It's an Anderson Drop T owned by Dave Kilminster.

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 13.14.28.jpg

It's very much the colour inspiration behind my own Tele build.

IMG_0315.jpg

That is a lovely colour combination. I remember seeing a peacock blue and natural maple Spector Euro 4LX for sale in a music shop quite a few years ago - it was a thing of beauty and I've always regretted not buying it.

• Like 1

Another week passes and another Tele takes the stage. However, due to the quality of the photo, the Tele in question has to share the stage with the other 4 of Leo's greatest hits (I tried a crop but the result was way too noisy). It's a Tele Lite Ash which came with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 pickups and is yet again another guitar I wish I hadn't moved on :(.

Leo's Greatest Hits 3.jpg

• Like 1

Well just missed Tuesday, but what the hell. Acquired this through a convoluted method while overseas - haven't actually seen it in real life yet, hope to be picking it up on Friday 

A 2011 USA 'Telebration' Cabronita with TV Jones pickups and no tone control. Should be fun

cabronita.thumb.jpg.12fececf469e63efecfad80d1a4e548e.jpg

Edited by nickmew
Photo
  • Like 2