Rubbersoul

Cheap multi fx?

Hi. Recently my chorus pedal (Ibanez CF7) has started playing up. The switch is extremely temperamental making the pedal a little unpredictable. It’s not an effect I use a lot so I’m not interested in spending big money but I had the idea that maybe I should get something like the Digitech RP55. I would only be using the modulation type effects as I’m more than happy with a small selection of overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedals, nor am I interested in the amp modelling as, again, happy with the sound of my amp. So the idea is that, for the same price as just a new chorus, I would also be getting phaser, tremolo etc. Anybody any experience with the RP55 or other similarly priced units? Thanks.

On 05/12/2018 at 09:39, Machines said:

I've used a Zoom G1Xon for the last few years. Cheap as chips and does quite a lot.

I am mainly a bassist and had a zoom BFX708 many years ago. I wouldn't use one now for gigging. I'm branching out in to electric guitar and notice zoom have come a long way these days. Would you say the G1Xon is credible for gigging? I've gone to individual pedals and then Boss for the multi, so out of touch with Zoom.

Also noticed that mooer has some multi pedals out, are these up to much? 

On 20/12/2019 at 19:29, uk_lefty said:

I am mainly a bassist and had a zoom BFX708 many years ago. I wouldn't use one now for gigging. I'm branching out in to electric guitar and notice zoom have come a long way these days. Would you say the G1Xon is credible for gigging? I've gone to individual pedals and then Boss for the multi, so out of touch with Zoom.

Also noticed that mooer has some multi pedals out, are these up to much? 

A bit late to the party here but I have a Mooer Ocean Machine and it's a very nice bit of kit.  Mooer seem to be lifting their game and price points but that means their cheaper pedals are built to the same standard as their expensive ones.  So yeah, have a look at Mooer...and Joyo too.

I'm no great shakes as a player but I always find multi FX fiddly.

I have an rp55 which I use as a replacement for whatever pedal I'm missing when trying to get a sound.

It works well enough for most things. Especially if it's for something you aren't going to use much.

I also had a zoom g1 some years ago. Didn't have them at the same time so my comparison is from memory but I'd say the zoom was more to my liking.

To second one of the other comments there are lots of cheap pedals that work surprisingly well. Caline,mosky and joyo all spring to mind. Shop around and you might fill the gap in your board for £20/30 .

And I've just realised how old this thread is so you've probably solved your problem by now.

But I've typed it now so I'm posting it!