EdwardMarlowe

Please allow me to introduce myself...

I'm a man of (limited) wealth and (questionable) taste... I've been away from the guitar and bass for a couple of years, not much played or picked them up, but recent coverage of Fender's new Player series (including the elusive, affordable maple-boarded P bass I've wanted forever!) has tempted me back. Used to play out twenty-five odd years ago with a youth group praise band; did one gig with a spoof-grunge band as part of a show I co-wrote and played in at university, and was in a string of bands that never got out of the rehearsal room (The Horse Dentists actually made it to six rehearsals with an angry punk cover of Maggies' Farm that we planned to dedicate to Tony Blair had we ever gigged....). Used to post for years as 'Edward' on Harmony Central, but eventually a new revision of the site stopped accepting my Yahoo email address, and as I didn't want to use the work one.... A UK based site makes more sense now anyhow. Hope eventually to get organised enough to pick up a few lessons to improve my playing (self-taught, never was much of a lead player and have no real theory).  got a few nice guitars - my old 1994 US Std Strat, 2006 CIJ 71RI Tele, Brandoni P bass that's basically a 62RI under the hood.... all staying. Few others that it's time to part with, including a couple of Westones (Thunder IA guitar and IA bass), and probably my 1998 Korean Epi flametop Les Paul. Got my eye on the Player series Strat in Tidepool (if it had a soft V profile on the neck it'd be close to my dream Strat), a Gretsch 5210, and something like a Godin kingpin or similar (one pup, no cutaway). Love to play out with a band one day for some fun, though being now fat, bald and middle-aged I'm the very anti-thesis of rock and roll cool..... 

• Like 2