warwickhunt

Bassch... Gawd another one.

Not going to lie, I am a bass player who has learned to play guitar through necessity (school teacher - 'Oh you play guitar (BASS), do you fancy playing along with the piano in assembly').  I now find myself enjoying guitar almost as much as bass and at 59 forming an acoustic duo with my wife who has never done a gig in her LIFE but doesn't want to look back on regrets!  :)  

Any ways, looking to pick up advice on getting the best from my acoustic(s) and amp(s) / PA.  My present guitar gear list may or may not be supplemented as a result of registering here!  ;)  

Simon & Patrick Electro Acoustic

Taylor GS Mini

Parker Fly P38 (piezo/HSS) model

Godin SA nylon string + GR20

Ashdown Acoustic Radiator

Tech 21 Trademark 60

BBE Acoustic Preamp

A&H Zed10 + Alto TS310

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

Parker Fly P38 (piezo/HSS) model

I nearly bought one of these as my first gig-quality guitar.  I found an old Chandler Custom strat instead though and it was cheaper. 

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I nearly bought one of these as my first gig-quality guitar.  I found an old Chandler Custom strat instead though and it was cheaper. 

I saw it advertised in a Christmas sale for Academy Of Sound (shows how long ago that was) and for what it was priced at I thought; piezo + mag must be worth a try.  Loved it as soon as it came out of the box!  Light, ergonomic, cracking HSS + piezo sounds, not a lot to dislike.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ezbass said:

And he’s in!

:crigon_04:

A Trademark 60, great amp, I’ve owned 2 and I still can’t fathom why I sold them.

You could say I bought it on a whim but never regretted it.  I needed to amplify my electric even just for in the house trying different sounds/settings and the Tech 21 came up for sale on Basschat in Liverpool... where I just happened to be going that weekend to see Cheap Trick at the Cavern.  The deal was struck and purchased.  Oddly, I really only play acoustic in the duo, so it is unlikely the Tech will ever get a live airing.  :/  

• Like 1