Deedee

NGD - 2016 Gretsch 6122T-CG-FSR

I’m a bass player by trade but have played a little guitar over the years. I’ve always fancied a Gretsch from first seeing my dad’s Eddie Cochran and Duane Eddy records, to the beautiful models seen in pop videos in the 80’s, to more recently seeing one of my favourite artists Richard Hawley use them to wonderful effect.

I thought when I did finally get one I’d end up getting something big and orange, however I was absolutely seduced by this 2016 Cadillac Green beauty. It looks absolutely stunning in the flesh and plays wonderfully well. Resistance was futile and now it’s all mine. I’m hooked. 😍

3E8027A6-33C9-42DB-A303-79312396A9CE.jpeg

D5E47A59-9589-43B6-AFD8-342527FF1815.jpeg

2BDFC66B-2ACD-4781-AA37-BD809BCD1EFD.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

And a great colour as well. Top buy.

Agreed, Cadillac Green is one of Gretsch's stand out colours. I don't normally like gold hardware, but I came very close to buying a 5420 in that livery a few years back. Fortunately (it wouldn't have been a popular purchase on the home front at the time), when I went back, it had sold.

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

Agreed, Cadillac Green is one of Gretsch's stand out colours. I don't normally like gold hardware, but I came very close to buying a 5420 in that livery a few years back. Fortunately (it wouldn't have been a popular purchase on the home front at the time), when I went back, it had sold.

I’m the same, not usually keen on gold hardware but I just kept coming back to this one. Something with the depth of that green that just works so well with the gold. I don’t know why there aren’t more Gretsch around in this colour, it’s stunning.

• Like 1

I do love the look of a Gretsch (I am a rockabilly player anyway, so I always lusted after the Brian Stezer and Eddie Cochran look), but I just can't get on with them as a player, I am very definitely in the Fender camp.

But this is so lovely that I would get this just to hang on the wall and gaze at for hours!