Vince66

Ideal guitar

Hello group

I'm trying to find out  information about this guitar that's been sitting in our loft at least 45 years.

Was having a clear out and thought I would sell it, as it's been sitting there doing nothing for 45 years, but it's become quite interesting as I've taken it to a few people who have said it's really nice and best not to sell it until I have found out all about it as it is quite unique and may have even been made especially for someone?

There is a label inside that says;  EPIPHONE BANJO CORPERATION. 35-37 Thirty sixth street, Long island City, New York, USA.

Other than that no serial numbers or anything else other than the name, ideal.

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

1 hour ago, Vince66 said:

Thanks that's totally different to what I have found on the internet and have been told so can you send me some links please?

https://jedistar.com/ideal/

https://reverb.com/item/1075242-ideal-hollow-body-339-electric-guitar-mij

https://spinditty.com/instruments-gear/Japanese-Manufacturers-of-Made-In-Japan-Badged-Guitars-from-1950-to-1980

3 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I came here thinking this would be a discussion about our ideal guitars.   Still...I'm glad some members were able to help with info.

It’s what we do, when we can, just like we do on ‘the other forum’ :ph34r:.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikel said:

Not if its been in a loft for 45 years.

Irrelevant, someone has used it and loved at some point. What happened to it after does not change that. I imported a sax from Chicago that had been sat for decades but the patina is amazing. It was used by a session player in the 30s around the Chicago clubs. Just because it hasn’t been used for a while doesn’t change that. 

New isn’t always best by a long way, chill out, take some time and enjoy the beauty of a vintage instrument and you will understand……….

• Like 1

On 18/05/2022 at 21:29, T-Bay said:

Irrelevant, someone has used it and loved at some point. What happened to it after does not change that. I imported a sax from Chicago that had been sat for decades but the patina is amazing. It was used by a session player in the 30s around the Chicago clubs. Just because it hasn’t been used for a while doesn’t change that. 

New isn’t always best by a long way, chill out, take some time and enjoy the beauty of a vintage instrument and you will understand……….

I have a 1970 Gibson SG that I bought new, learned to play on, gigged extensively, and still play most days. Now that is a loved instrument. Anyway, it was a poor attempt at humor, regarding the fact it had only one string and had been "In a loft for at least 45 years, but was "Loved".