MegW

What squier strat do I have? Estimate on value

Hi,

I’m unsure on the age/model of my squier strat! Looks like the sticker with the serial number on it has been taken off. I have had a search around and can’t seem to find one the same? 

I'm selling it and just want a rough idea of what I can price it at. I know I’m not going to get loads for it but I’m a bit confused by it! 

D54976A4-1016-43C6-9942-2A97B90ECAF7.jpeg

D36CA0F0-5875-41EF-840B-D00040F88CFE.jpeg

00F32A13-64C2-499A-BBF5-6F78ADE5D530.jpeg

566B75EC-6CA2-400F-8611-1BC7E902661C.jpeg

D3761E6E-D7EE-4B36-8CC8-16AA0451F7CA.jpeg

USA made Squiers were made around 89/91.

When they have a legit serial number, ive seen them sell for anywhere between 150 and 600 depending on condition and wether it has the accessories and such.

But with serial number completely scratched off the front of the headstock so cleanly and obviously purposefully? I'm gonna say that it's in all likelihood stolen, so nobody's going to be willing to pay anywhere near top price for it.

I personally wouldn't buy it at all because of the serial number situation, but you could probably get somewhere around 100-150 for it.

Thank you for that! 

In regards to the serial number situation, I’m thinking that it may have been on a sticker on the back of the headstock? There seems to be the remains of sticker glue on the back. You can see it in one of my pictures. 

I’ve struggled to find any that have the same headstock (regardless of the serial number being there or not)

On 29/03/2022 at 09:08, police squad said:

I did a bit of googling and the serial number can also be on the neck plate

I never knew there were some usa made squiers

Me neither! I remember the Mexican ones in the middle 90s (as memory serves, they were made with a big Fender logo and a small Squier one, they were Squiers, but were made when Fender were between Far Eastern facilities, and by reputation are very good).