Kebabkid

Pete Thorn Clinic at Guitar Guitar, Epsom

I've enjoyed Pete's demos on YT for some time and so I thought I'd pop down to GG tonight for this event and I believe he did one at Peach Guitars last night.

It was a great and educational evening and PT was both engaging and entertaining and he comes across as such a good guy.

The clinic was really interesting and different in as much as Pete added his  guitars to the kind of typical short demo he does for his gear reviews. It was fascinating watching him break things down and explain the process and his approach as well running through his gear and of course, what a player!

To be honest, his wonderful signature guitar and amp aside, the stuff he used for recording wasn't that expensive and was based around Logic and a couple of Suhr products, like their Reactive Load and ACE Speaker Simulator. On that score, it was also interesting getting his take on the industry and the decent recording results people can achieve today through these products and home set-ups not to mention how things have changed since the advent of social media for the sort of thing he does and how easy it is to get yourself out there, seen and heard. Let's face it, if it wasn't for his channel and YT presence, would any of us know of him despite the fact that he's played with some big names like Chris Cornell and Don Henley?

Peach Guitars have some other ones coming up (Joey Landreth and one with Max Miller & Tom Quayle)