Richie Rich

Electro-acoustic through an electric amp - EQ advice

I play in a church and we run electro-acoustics through a Peavey Bandit 65 solo, obviously it's working fine but my question is; 

To get the BEST sound, would it be better to to EQ the guitar rather than the combo or the other way round?

I was thinking that it would be better to keep the combo settings at 12 and tweak the sound from the guitar.

Any advice would be greatly received, thanks.  

Interesting observation on another forum;

If you play an old-school piezo-bridge acoustic-electric, IME the low-gain input of an '80s Peavey Bandit 65/Special 130 1x12" combo is as good as it gets for live performance: the limited frequency response over ~5kHz filters out the nails-on-a-blackboard highs and "quack," and since the Saturation control in the Lead channel is defeatable you can set up a separate level for single-string leads or fingerstyle - used one for years with my first-gen Ovation Custom Balladeer, and it actually sounded like a loud acoustic guitar rather than what presently passes for "acoustic-electric" ...

Unless you want to add a modelling pedal (TC ToneRes? Zoom A1 Four?), it sounds like your current approach is the best one.

• Like 1