Richie Rich

Thinline Acoustic Case or Gigbag?

which guitar is this? (one person's definition of thinline is different to another's)

I have a 335 copy (a very early Tanglewood) and i went for the Hiscox case, it's not the cheapest option but i've seen so many broken Gibson style headstocks that i consider it a worthwhile investment.

I bought my case from ebay used for about 50 quid i think, they pop up regularly enough if you're prepared to be patient.

this is the same as the one i have Hiscox Liteflite Case To Fit 335 Type Guitar | eBay

I must say that Hiscox are always my number one chioce, the few instruments i own that don't have Hiscox cases are the ones where they don't make a suitable case (Banjo and a couple of 3/4 sized travel guitars as well as ukes)

Matt

i've just had a quick search on guitarchat and have seen your post about the guitar (i'm assuming it's the gear4music one) I would have described this more as a compact electro-acoustic rather than a thinline (which is more usually used to describe a hollow electric guitar in my experience)

the case i ,linked above will not fit, the hiscox designed for APX guitars would be the best fit but as this is a budget guitar i guess that even a 60 quid case is possibnly too expensive (these do pop up for sale on ebay and Facebook marketplace and i have picked up Hiscox cases for as little as 30 quid in the past)

I would look for one of the rigid foam cases probably, Gear4music might offer one as an option, if you take a few measurements (upper bout, lower bout, body thickness and length and total guitar length) then you should be able to match it so a suitable case.

Matt

• Thanks 1

I have two and they are both Gear4music (trust me when I say that their own brand guitars are good, they outperform their price tag IMHO).

I do have a lightweight padded case for each of them but they are very lightweight and a loud fart could do damage through them.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll keep on looking, something will crop up.