Toms Guitars

I’m Tom from Tom’s guitars in Brasted

Hello everyone. I have been repairing guitars for over 25 years and thought it would be time to join this guitar chat as many clients have been talking about it.

I thought it may be of interest if I get any interesting guitar and jobs in to shear it with everyone.

i have my own workshop and also travel to clients houses and offer a collection and delivery service so I see loads of guitars from week to week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tom,

good to have you here. I hope you enjoy the ride!  🥳

I could actually do with some advice since you're a pro. My guitar fell the other day and the neck broke in two pieces. Now I fixed the problem with some sellotape but intonation isn't perfect any more. What did I do wrong? 🤣

Edited by FrankAtari
  • Haha 1

Is this Brasted as in Kent, near Westerham?? That Brasted?? Can't find any other in UK according to google.

Just happens I'm in Sevenoaks, like 6 mins away!!
My few guitars and basses are all behaving well at the moment, but if you ever go near* valve amps we need to meet!

* I mean inside 'em, with hammers and the like 😂

On 17/02/2022 at 10:15, FrankAtari said:

Hi Tom,

good to have you here. I hope you enjoy the ride!  🥳

I could actually do with some advice since you're a pro. My guitar fell the other day and the neck broke in two pieces. Now I fixed the problem with some sellotape but intonation isn't perfect any more. What did I do wrong? 🤣

Rookie error Frank. You should have used duct tape,  not sellotape. 🤦‍♂️