Rexel Matador

New Melodic Death Metal Band - looking for guitarists - Liverpool-based

Hello six stringers - regular Basschat user here...

I write and record melodic death metal music - think Amon Amarth, At The Gates, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Edge of Sanity (I sometimes wonder if I was Swedish in a previous life!).

It's a one-man show at the moment, but I'd love to turn it into an actual band and play live. I'd handle bass and vocals, so I need two guitarists (at least one of whom can do a bit of soloing), and a drummer.

I know full well that finding a decent and available metal drummer is as likely as finding a unicorn, but you never know. I'd be happy to use programmed drums to begin with - maybe once we get out there and tear it up someone will come out of the woodwork.

I tend to like writing complete songs - I've never been good at writing by jamming stuff out in the studio - I'd rather use that time for getting things as tight as possible. Best to get that out there at the start - I'm not a total control freak dictator, but I've developed a pretty clear sense of what I want to sound like.

Age is not important to me, but if it is to you, I'm 40.

Oh also, everything's in B standard tuning.

Hit me up and I'll send you a demo or two.

Edited by Rexel Matador