OwnHeart

Today's Jazz Book -- free charts and MP3's as a labor of love

Everyone -- back in January, 2018 myself and a group of musicians decided it was time to freshen up our repertoires with new jazz.  We listened to about 200 songs and then, through a double blind review process, agreed that 9 of them were of sufficient quality for inclusion in a book called "Today's Jazz Book". It's a free book, and we did it all through a non-profit.  The charts have been transcribed and formatted by a professional arranger, and its' all volunteer.  The tunes had to meet certain criteria -- interesting chord changes, killer melodies, suitable for a typical small jazz combo, one page long, or two pages at the very outside. There are MP3's as well that are free.

If you would like a copy, let me know and I'll private message it to you -- you don't have to give anything tangible up for it -- not your email, you don't have to register anywhere, no account to set up.  Just a bunch of guys trying to create an ever-expanding book of quality jazz tunes. It's a labor of love, not a commercial venture. I wouldn't mind a quick PM indicating what you think of the tunes after you listen to them, or the sheet music as a courtesy though, since it's all free. 

Think of the Real Book, but legal to share, print, and perform live without royalties due -- you can even record the tunes without royalties due to their Creative Commons license -- they are quality too, so don't let "free" fool you.  WE even consulted a lawyer to make sure what we were doing is legally sound.

Send me a private message if interested...and I'll shoot a copy over to you.  Tunes are in C and Bb, with Eb and Bb almost out of the oven...