Jon08

Facebook Market Place scam on effects pedals...

Anyone purchased any pedals off FB Market Place from Mike Smethurst and they didn't turn up?  From information on Basschat forum seems like he's been doing this for over a year started with bass gear but before Christmas it was a good few guitar pedals. His scamming also involves other items and variations of his name. I want to see if I can get him legally stopped once and for all but need as much info as possible. He was even relisting pedals repeatedly and not replying to messages. Below is his last FB market place before i contacted FB

432373674_mikefraud.thumb.PNG.ac8b1452edcd54929f44e74f03558354.PNG 

26 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I’ve followed the various scams this piece of filth has carried out on Basschat, how he’s still walking the streets beggars belief. 

Could I respectfully suggest a re-wording of this, to avoid any ambiguity, please..? B| (I'm assuming that the scams were not carried out on Basschat..! :o )

'I’ve followed on Basschat the various scams this piece of filth has carried out; how he’s still walking the streets beggars belief.'

Edited by Dad3353
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Could I respectfully suggest a re-wording of this, to avoid any ambiguity, please..? B| (I'm assuming that the scams were not carried out on Basschat..! :o )

'I’ve followed on Basschat the various scams this piece of filth has carried out; how he’s still walking the streets beggars belief.'

That did occur to me, but didn’t redo it. Thanks, Douglas.

• Thanks 1