frucoready

Equipment - Disabled Player

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is actually the correct area for me to post this in, if not my apologies.

I am a disabled guitarist (minimal use of my legs) so a bunch of pedals are a no go for me. I currently have a combo valve amp, which I find is probably not what would best serve me as I am very much just a home player and don't intend on changing that.

What I am looking for is equipment to record and play along to songs (as in from bands I like not just the ones I'm creating.

I'm assuming what I need is :-

A soundcard interface.

Some kind of effects board - this would sit on my desk for me to 'stomp' effects off and on with my hands.

Good set of PC speakers.

Recording/play along software.

Budget would be somewhere in the realm of £1000 - £1500 for all the equipment.

Any guidance appreciated. :)

• Like 1

Hi Frcoready,

Its very simple to plug in to a computer and record and it dosn't have to brake the bank either !

The main thing is an interface with a USB connection, you can use normal speakers but I would advice investing a a pair of monitor speakers.

Depending on what computer you're using is to the software, I run Amplitude for guitar recording with Logic as a DAW.

You can download Amplitude for free and It comes with a bunch on stuff like amps, speaker, mics, effect pedals ..... this will give a great start and you can then purchase additional equipment plugins.

If you have a Mac you install Logic for a 90 day free trial and then reinstall it after that time has run down, other DAW's you can try are Appleton 10 lite, I believe that is free.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for the suggestions. There's just so much stuff out there its a minefield to zero in on what's the correct thing to go for...when there are many correct things lol.

I did think of some kind of drum machine as well as your link suggests ezbass but best get my head around the other things first.

I use a desktop PC which I built a couple of years back so its good to know re: Amplitude and Logic I will definitely check those out. Could you suggest a decent set of monitor speakers? Or a model I should be looking towards. Interface wise i've been looking towards the focusrite solo which seems to be one of the more popular ones.

Thanks again.